Workshop on Arthropod-Borne Diseases
15-16 November 2018 on the Isle of Riems
We kindly invite you to participate at the Workshop on Arthropod-Borne Diseases transmitted by ticks, mites, fleas, and lice which will take place on 15-16 November 2018 organized by the Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut and the Fraunhofer Institute Leipzig (IZI)
Prof. Dr. Cornelia Silaghi
Institut für Infektionsmedizin,
Dr. Klaus Henning
Dr. Gustavo R. Makert dos Santos
Federal Research Institute for Animal Health
D-17493 Greifswald - Isle of Riems
- Epidemiology of pathogens in arthropods from natural and anthropized ecosystems
- Lyme Disease: Borrelia burgdorferi
- Q fever: Coxiella burnetii
- Other Tick-borne pathogens: FSMEV , Anaplasma, Ehrlichia, Babesia, etc.
- Other pathogens transmitted by mites, fleas and lice: Rickettsia, Bartonella, etc.
- Vaccine development
- Diagnostic methods
- Pest management
Oral presentations and posters are welcome.
Abstracts will be submitted electronically: Abstract submission
New Deadline for submission of abstracts (for poster presentations only): 15.10.2018
The registration shall be made electronically: Registration
The fee (55 €) includes the abstract book, lunch, and soft drinks.
Bank: Sparkasse Jena Saale Holzland
IBAN: DE85 8305 3030 0000 1521 45
Reference: Arthropod Workshop
Please, do not wait too long to register as we have a strict capacity limitation of 40 participants!